Securing the life and heritage of St. Peter’s Macclesfield through critical building repairs
Heritage Lottery Fund Grant Announcement
We are very pleased to announce that our church has been awarded a grant by the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) to undertake major repairs on our church building.
At this stage we’ve been given funding to support the Development Phase of the project, which involves
- Defining the repairs in detail and getting approval to undertake the work
- Asking contractors for quotes for making the repairs
- Developing ideas to tell people the story of our church and our area of Macclesfield
Towards the end of this year we’ll apply for the second part of the grant, which will cover the Delivery Phase to undertake the repairs in 2019. The key areas for repair are:
- The Tower stonework, roof and guttering/pipes
- Repair and repointing of other external stonework to gables, walls and buttresses
- Replacement of North Aisle and Vestry roofs with repairs to guttering/pipes, roof substructure and improved insulation
- Replacement of other damaged sections of guttering/pipes on all roofs, including provision of rainwater saving butts, overflows and drainage
The second part of the grant will also support events to celebrate the story of our part of Macclesfield, its people and the role of the church within it. We plan to involve other community groups in these events and there’ll be more news about these later.
We are very grateful to the Heritage Lottery Fund for the award of this generous grant, which will secure the use of our much-loved building for both church and community uses for many years to come.