- If you’d like a brief, lighthearted overview read a Hollywood Screenplay writer’s take on Luke and Acts: The Luke and Acts film script
- Martin has produced complete directories of Luke (See The Gospel of Luke – summary) and The Acts of the Apostles. There is also a personal journey through Luke, which Terry has written: A personal journal of a journey through Luke. You can use these to choose particular parts of the story you might like to read.
- We focused on Luke 1- 3, or Luke 24 and Acts 2 andActs 9 which are all particularly about light, looking for light, and light appearing: the theme of our weekend
- Accommodation was full board; every meal will be provided by the Hall.
- There are 47 bedrooms, 17 of which are en-suite. There are lots of bathrooms/shower rooms for bedrooms without en-suites .
- A 24 x 7 tea/coffee/squash station was provided.
- The Hall has several large meeting rooms equipped with good facilities such as projectors/screens, a keyboard and piano.
- We had use of the heated swimming pool on the Saturday of the weekend. (Sunday, by arrangement with an additional cost.)
- There were very good facilities for young children – a large, well-equipped creche and outdoor play area.
- The Hall had a games room with table tennis and pool tables, as well as outside tennis courts and football area.
- There was a small shop on site selling soft drinks, sweets, snacks and a few gift items.
The weekend cost £110 per adult or about £120 in you would prefer an en-suite (although not guaranteed if everyone chooses this option!). Children 0 – 3 went free and 4 – 9 were £35 each.
The car journey to the Hall took about 1 hour 20 minutes. There was also opportunity to come as a day visitor – £25 per person, if you can’t come for the full weekend.