At St. Peter’s we believe in a generous God, who gives us many good things and in response we are committed to share this generosity with others. We share our money with others in two ways:
By donations from our church income – we support local charities by making gifts from our church funds. In recent years, we have made donations to:
- Cre8 – which helps young people and families in the Moss Rose Estate in Macclesfield
- Rossendale Trust – which provides supported living care to adults with physical and learning difficulties in the Macclesfield area
- East Cheshire Hospice – which provides care, comfort and compassion to adults facing life limiting illnesses
By raising money through appeals and events – for several years we have raised money through afternoon teas, quizzes, sales and donations for two charities:
- Christian Aid – which works to end poverty in many countries through tackling root causes of poverty and dealing with emergencies
- The Children’s Society – which runs UK projects helping vulnerable children and young people
We give about 10% of our annual income in this way.
“We love because He loved us first”.